Monday, January 17, 2011

Is it possible?


The whole manifesting trip succeeds or fails because  of what we think is possible. Thinking about the future and what’s in store for us and what I’d like to come true, is all about possibility.

If I have little doubt that not much is to be gained by imagining a future where wonderful things can happen, then it’s likely that it won’t.  But thinking about a terrific future makes it much more possible. It’s so much in our heads.

Don’t we all know people for who it appears that luck always comes their way and that these baffling people are always getting what they want. Do you know someone like that. Some children are like that.

Children as yet, don’t know that life can be cruel. Not knowing is their luck, I guess. As they grow and get experience of failure, their luck fades. God, how depressing am I this morning. I must break out.

This of course is where possibility comes in to it. Somewhere in my head is a false notion. All notions, ideas, thoughts, beliefs….are false. Even though they are just floating ideas, made up, they have powerful influence over what’s possible.

 And so, the idea of an erroneous conclusion finally makes an appearance. And just because it’s a false doesn’t mean it isn’t powerful enough to influence the future. Also erroneous conclusions are usually hidden. They are our blind spots.

An erroneous conclusion always brings me down man. Don’t bring me down. Be cool for a moment and lets dig this moment as sacred, filled with possibility … But I digress. Just know this…If you have a sense that life will give you sour lemons, and not the sweetness of sugar, you are under the influence of an erroneous conclusion. You’re wrong. You just think that life is like that. But it isn’t. Think again!

Life, I’m glad to say is a reflection of your possibility for it. You can almost always, predict outcomes by how sure you are of what you think will happen.

It’s taken this long in the article to reach this bit. It’s the good bit. It’s finally about to increase positive possibility. TA DA! Take a bow, applause. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

Ok… now let me say a few things about the future. It’s made up entirely of what ideas are current now. Yes I know I’ve just done tautology [current, now] but I don’t care. I can if I want to, and  you can’t stop me, so there. Anyway, anyway, anyway, To gain a real sense that the future does hold much promise and possibility is a powerful thing.

There are some tools to help change your mind. You’ve heard of Mission statements, well what about a vision statement. It goes like this, start with the elevator talk. This is something that happens in an elevator when someone asks you “SO WHAT DO YOU DO?” You’ve only got seconds to get the message across, before the doors open.

Most people will fumble this. Sale people use this tool all the time as an exercise in clarity of what they are offering to a client. IF you can in just seconds make others understand, you yourself will also be clear.

Now then, using this elevator ride to make a vision statement of your beautiful future clear is the game, and to do it well is hard. At least it likely to be hard, for you have to first get to know what you want out of life. Then you have to simplify, until you can spit out what you want to say in a single breath.

Vision in a single breath. “I’m for cats”, “I like exploring what I find fascinating”,  ” I recognize and explore opportunities for joy that builds strengths and competencies. “, “A Life where I can  find and discover and have anything I might ever want”, "To keep finding the inspiring and innovative and joyous in all things"
Look I’ve been cheating a bit.

What I’ve done is to look up Vision statements in Google and copy and paste them in this little scribble and then muck around with how it’s worded until it starts to feel about right. How about this one, "Bringing the best to everyone we touch" it’s from Estee Lauder. Just tweak that a little and now it says…” , "Bringing the best to everyone I touch” Yes I like that!
Or with a little thought “I am bringing to me all the very best that life as I can conceive of it,  has to offer. H’mm, I like that.

So is it possible…to have the future you would like? if you could just think about it without being crushed by the remembrance of past crappy experiences, then, yes. These elevator talks and vision expressions are handy things. Also here is a link to vision statement you can play around with.

Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment